There is a high correlation between the success of an organization’s web efforts and the leadership skills of the web team. Having great web skills is no longer enough. Having great management skills is no longer enough. To fully leverage the web on a college campus, excellent leadership skills are now required. In addition to traditional leadership traits, web leaders have the ability to integrate the web and digital into the fabric of the organization and align web goals and objectives with institutional goals and objects. Good leadership skills result in getting appropriate resources and having campus leadership that fully understands and supports web efforts.
Leadership training is typically offered as a conference workshop or an on-campus event. During this training participants will learn:
- What is leadership, the importance of leadership for all web staff, and how to develop leadership skills.
- Understand the role leadership plays in developing web strategy, managing web operations, and aligning the web into the fabric of the campus.
- How to communicate effectively with campus administrators and stakeholders.
- How to articulate the value of the web to obtain the appropriate staff and resources.
- An understanding of higher education organization and administration, and the implications for the web.
- Resource management, project prioritization, and budget.
- How to manage people, hiring practices, evaluating performance, conflict resolution and mediation.
- How to implement a web governance structure including a web governance framework, a comprehensive web strategy, development of policies and standards, and development of an effective evaluation process.
HighEdWeb Leadership Academy
Mark is the driving force behind the HighEdWeb Leadership Academy. Started in 2012, this annual two day event is held for higher education web professionals who are looking to improve their leadership skills. In addition to providing strategic direction for the Academy, Mark is also a faculty participant, teaching the web governance component.
Please contact Mark for more information about leadership training.