I have finalized my speaking schedule for the first half of 2009. While I’m not traveling as much so I can focus more on consulting, I do look forward to the opportunity to networking in person.
I’m very excited about the Social Media Summit being held on June 9 as part of the Penn State Web Conference. The Social Media Summit will explore the challenges and opportunities of social media in higher education. The format will be much different than a typical workshop. Following the principles of an unconference, we will leverage the wisdom of the crowd in an open environment where everyone’s participation is encouraged. In addition to those attending in person, we will be utilizing social media to create a backchannel to let people from across the globe to participate virtually. We are hoping for a large number of virtual participants. Stay tuned for more details in the coming weeks.
Without further ado, here is my upcoming speaking schedule:
CollegeBoard – Middle States Regional Forum 2009
February 10, 2009; Baltimore, Maryland
- Workshop: Connecting With Students: Join the Conversation
2009 OmniUpdate Users Conference
March 29-31, 2009; Long Beach, California
- Keynote Speech: Navigating to Success with the Ever-Changing Web
National Technical Institute for the Deaf
April 3, 2009; Rochester, New York
- Special Lecture: Born to be Wired: Technology, Communications and the Millennial Generation
CASE – Communication, Marketing and Technology
April 15-16, 2009; Boston, Massachusetts
- Presentation: Born to be Wired: Technology, Communications and the Millennial Generation
- Presentation: Higher Ed Web Development Gets Flattened, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the New World Order
Web 2009: A Conference for Penn State Web Professionals
June 8-9, 2009; State College, Pennsylvania
- Presentation: What 3rd Graders Can Teach Us About Web Accessibility
- Presentation: FREE!
- Special Workshop: Social Media Summit
Noel-Levitz National Conference on Student Recruitment, Marketing, and Retention
July 21-23, 2009; San Antonio, Texas
- Presentation: Join the Conversation – Social Media in Higher Education